Personal tools

Skip to content. | Skip to navigation


view twitter stream for 2018 meeting in Riverside, California


You are here: Home / conference & workshops / 2013 conference - Toronto / Traveling to Canada: Passports and Visas

Traveling to Canada: Passports and Visas

Please note that U.S. citizens traveling to Canada need a current passport to re-enter the U.S. For info. on obtaining a U.S. passport, see:

The following website provides a list of the countries whose citizens require visas to enter Canada:

For general info. on entering Canada, see:

If you are an international student traveling from the U.S. to Canada you can find info. about re-entering the US as a student with a F-1 or J-1 visa at the link below. It is very important that your I-20 or DS-2019 has a valid signature, and that you have a valid US visa in your passport or that you qualify for Automatic Visa Revalidation.

This is the US Customs and Border Protection statement regarding Automatic Visa Revalidation (see below). If you are traveling Canada with an expired visa, please make sure that your country of citizenship qualifies for the automatic revalidation. See:

NOTE: If an invitation letter from ASEH is required to obtain your visa, please contact before registering for the conference.

Document Actions
news and events

Click here for information on ASEH's 2019 conference. Join us in Columbus!

Click here to see statement opposing program cuts at University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point.

Click here for the American Historical Association's Statement on Confederate Monuments.

Click here to read about how environmental history is "the field with the largest proportional expansion" in the last 40 years.

Click here to view the latest bulletin from the International Consortium of EH Organizations (ICEHO).

Are you an ASEH member interested in hosting our annual conference? Click here for more info.