ASEH seeks graduate student liaison (includes $500 travel grant to Madison)
The ASEH is seeking applicants and nominations for the position of Graduate Student Liaison for 2012. This past year has seen the creation of a graduate student caucus and, with it, new opportunities for networking and graduate student collaboration within ASEH. The new liaison is expected to continue this initiative and broaden graduate student participation with ASEH.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- representing graduate student views to the ASEH executive committee.
- attending the ASEH executive meeting (this year in Madison WI). The liaison will receive a $500 USD travel subsidy so that he or she may attend the conference.
- improving graduate student visibility and programming within the ASEH.
- convening at least 4 graduate student caucus meetings during the term of the position (one of which can take place in person at the ASEH annual conference).
- recruiting graduate students to join the graduate student caucus.
- maintaining and updating the graduate student caucus website and Facebook page.
The term of the position runs January 1 to December 31, 2012. The Graduate Student Liaison is selected by ASEH graduate students who form the graduate student caucus. Membership is open to all ASEH student members.
If you are interested in serving as the graduate student liaison please submit a brief C.V. and a one-page summary of what would like to achieve in the position. This summary should reflect interest in continuing to develop the graduate student caucus and indicate a rough plan for the coming year. Applicants must be student members of ASEH.
Please email applications and nominations to the current graduate student representative, Will Knight, at email@example.com. Please also email Will if you would like to join the graduate student caucus and participate in selecting the 2012 representative.
Deadline for submissions: Wednesday, November 30, 2011.
The successful applicant will be notified by December 30, 2011.